With this amazing device, if you don’t have the thought of watching 3D Blu-ray movies on it, it will be a great waste. If you want to make the best of your Oculus Rift DK2, there is a problem that Oculus Rift DK2 doesn’t have the drive for playing 3D Blu-ray movies. But don’t worry about that. This article is a solution to rip 2D/3D Blu-ray movies to 3D SBS MP4 for viewing on Oculus Rift DK2.
Solution: Convert 2D/3D Blu-ray to 3D SBS MP4 for viewing on Oculus Rift DK2
To achieve the goal, you can adopt Pavtube BDMagic for help. As a professional 2D/3D Blu-ray ripping software, you can transform 2D/3D Blu-ray movies to 3D MKV, MP4 with it, easily and fastly, which can create true theater entertainment at home.(Know more about BDMagic)
Now download the right version and follow the tips below to get 3D MP4 videos:
Step 1: Load Blu-ray movies
Run the 2D/3D Blu-ray to DK2 Converter on your computer and click "File" icon to load movie from your Blu-ray disc.
Step 2: Set the output format
Click “format” bar to find “3D Video”. Select "MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video(*.mp4) " under this category.
Step 3: Get the conversion process started
Hit the red "Convert" button to rip your 3D Blu-ray to 3D SBS MP4 video for playback via your Oculus Rift DK2.
If you're using a Mac, simply turn to Pavtube BDMagic for Mac, which allows you to rip 3D Blu-ray to SBS 3D MP4 videos for playback on Oculus Rift DK2 on Mac.
To have a wonderful 3D home theatre experience, this conversion is just the first procedure. You need two extra things - VR Player and media player. The following is to teach the green hands for Oculus Rift DK2 how to set up. We will take VLC player as an example.
DK2 + VR Player + VLC Player: Getting Home Theater Experience
1. Download and install VLC Player
2. Download and install VR Player
3. You then need to download the DK2 Tracker (Hosted here case it is removed from where I got it from) for motion tracking with the player
4. Expand the .zip and copy to the following location (or wherever you installed VR Player): C:\Program Files (x86)\VR Player\Trackers
5. Open up VR player and set the tracker that you just copied as follows:
Depending on the content you wish to view you have a few options. Here are some examples:
1. Set up Oculus as extended Desktop the Rift Display Mode program.
2. Ensure your windows monitor is setup so your rift is secondary.
3. For 3D movies such as Big Hero 6:
Menu - Media - Format - Side By Side
Menu - Media - Projection - Plane
4. If your movie is not 3D
Menu - Media - Format - Mono
Menu - Media - Projection - Plane
5. To open a movie select:
Menu - File - Open File - With VLC
6. Browse to your selected movie.
7. Now that the movie is running you need to move the video screen onto your Oculus screen.
In my case the Oculus is my second monitor to the left. So I hit these keys:
Hit Windows Key + Cursor Key Left (Do this twice, this moves the window to your Oculus)
Hit Windows Key + Cursor Key Up (This maximizes the window)
Put on headphones and enjoy!
How awesome is this?! DK2 + VLC + Blu-Ray Ripper: The Best 3D Home Theater Experience!
- How to Display Entire Desktop into Oculus Rife with Virtual Desktop?
- 7 Virtual Reality Things Learned from Samsung Gear VR and Oculus Rift
- Watch Movies in (Blu-ray, DVD, ISO) on Oculus Rift DK2
- Best DVD Ripper – Play DVD and DVD ISO movies on Oculus Rift DK2
- Watch 3D Blu-ray on Galaxy S6/S6 Edge via Gear VR