Hot Search: Blu-ray to Apple TV 4 | DVD to Apple TV | Blu-ray to Apple TV on Mac
On September 9, 2015, Apple have release their fourth-gen Apple TV. It looks taller and thicker and more technology.With the new Apple TV and tvOS, a redesigned interface, and the Siri Remote, there’s never been a better time to be a TV. When you got new Apple TV 4, what would you do first? Aha..,open the box first. Seriously, I would enjoy my favorite DVD collections on it first! However, you should know some more information below first.
Apple TV 4 Supported Video/Audio File Formats/Codecs
4th Apple TV supports the following video and audio file formats and codecs. Before playing a DVD on Apple TV 4, you’d better make sure that its format is included in the following Apple TV compatible file formats list. If not, a DVD ripper that can convert DVDs to Apple TV 4 playable formats is a necessity.
Apple TV 4 supported video formats:
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
As you can see, Apple TV 4 supported video file formats are very limited, DVD disc or even the decrypted DVD rips can’t be supported by Apple TV 4. Of course, most of you are not about to pay iTunes’ ridiculous prices to watch movies and TV shows I already own on DVD. Instead, you’ll just rip those DVD discs to an Apple TV 4 friendly format. The best solution is to rip and convert DVD to iTunes compatible format then sync to Apple TV 4 for playback without any limit. Below is how to.
Here I found a very useful DVD ripper for you,Pavtube BDMagic for Mac, it can help you convert DVD to iTunes compatible format then sync to ATV 4 for full HD playback without any limitation and there is no quality loss when compared to playing the discs themselves. The sound can be kept with the original Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. For ripping DVD to iTunes for ATV 4 on Windows, please turn to BDMagic for Windows.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-76177782.html
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
Playing DVD on new Apple TV 4 on Mac with Dolby Digital 5.1 Sounds
Step 1. Load DVD source.
First of all, insert your DVD to DVD drive and keep networked. Now it’s time to open the best DVD to Apple TV 4 Converter for Mac and click “Load files” icon to load DVD source.
Step 2. Choose output format for Apple TV 4.
In the dropdown list of Format menu, you can find several Apple TV options for output. This DVD to iTunes Converter has a number of presets for Apple TV, Apple TV 2, Apple TV 3 and Apple TV 4, to export a Apple TV 3 1080p video with ac3 5.1 pass-through for AV receiver decoding, “Apple TV 3 Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v)” preset is highly recommended.
Tip: If you want to add the DVD movie to iTunes for play on iPhone, iPad, iPod, you can also directly select iPhone, iPad, or iPod as the output format to get videos with optimized settings for your iDevices.
Step 3. Convert DVD to Apple TV 4.
Click “Convert” button to rip DVD to iTunes recognized video for playing on Apple TV 4 generation with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through. Afterwards, transfer the DVD to iTunes and import to Apple TV 4 for watching with ease. There you have it! Now it is time to enjoy your favorite DVD movies with Apple TV 4.
If you’re new to Apple TV, the below guide will help you get started with Apple TV setup: How to set up Apple TV 4 for streaming HD videos with Dolby Digital 5.1 sounds?
There you have it! Enjoy your DVD Movies on Apple TV 4 in full HD on Mac. Have a good time!
- Does the New Apple TV 4 Support for Playing DVD Discs?
- How do I play DVDs through Apple TV on my HD TV via Mac?
- How to Convert HD MTS to M4V for Playback on iPad Air/Apple TV 3?
- How to Play Pauppauge PVR Recorded TV Shows and Movies and Apple TV 3?
- Can I Keep My iTunes Rentals Forever on Apple TV to Watch Anytime?