It is common for people to hook up a DVD Player to TV to play some DVD movies. But from time to time, you maybe meet some "DVD Player no audio on TV when playing DVD" issues. Why and how to solve the problems below:
"Hello, I have a Sony Bravia Smart TV kdl-48W600B and have connected it with NS-D160A14 DVD Player but have no audio. I am not using an HDMI connection (there is none with this device), and am using the red and white cable wires. I have turned it on and off and don't know what else to do. Please let me know what I can do so we can hear the DVDs we are playing."
Causes and Solutions to No Sound from Insignia DVD Player on TV
Ⅰ DVD player or DVD disc problems
★ Have a check on your DVD player. If the DVD player is inexpensive or far older, probably it's the high time to change a new one.
★ Check whether your DVD disc is in good condition physically and has some scratches or damages or not.
★ Make sure your cables are in right spot on both. The DVD player, for composite cable should be in order with yellow white and red. As for HDTV, you're suggested to look at the TV back where they are at should say Video 1 2 3 whichever one has the red yellow white cables and say Video IN. match colors then try.
★ Figure out the DVD disc is homemade burnt or commercial one since the homemade disc and commercial disc utilize different codecs. So try to make it clear what type of files your DVD player supports and make sure your DVDs are in that format. If not, there are a crop of software in the market designed to render help, like Pavtube DVDAid to help you 1:1 copy DVD to DVD player accepted file formats.
Copy DVD to Insignia DVD Player for TV
Step 1. Add DVD movies
Insert the DVD disc into your computer's DVD drive and launch DVD Ripper. Then click "Load DVD" to select and import the DVD files you want to rip to this program. Loaded files can be previewed in the right viewing window and you can take snapshots of your favorite movie scenes.
Step 2. Choose output format
Now click the Profile icon to reveal output panel. And and mouse cursor to TVS category to Select your TV as the output format. Here take Samsung TV as an instance.
Tip: If you want, you can then click "Settings" to adjust the video parameters manually. Remember the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss. According to my experience, to rip DVD movies for playback on TV with DVD Player including Insignia DVD Player, 720p with 2000-3000kbps is just all right.
Step 3. Start ripping your DVD movies
After all necessary settings, go back to the main interface and click "Convert" to begin ripping your DVD movies to Insignia DVD Player so that your TV accepts them. When the ripping completes, you can click "Open Folder" icon to located the ripped video files directly.
Get another DVD Ripper from the top reviews:
- Top 5 Free DVD Ripper For Mac (Included MacOS Sierra)
- DVD Ripper Software Vs. DVD Copy Software: Which One To Choose
- Comparison of Popular DVD Rippers in the Market
More Features of Pavtube DVDAid
1. The tool comes with a user-friendly interface in which you can import a DVD folder from disc or from the hard drive, by using the file browser (the “drag and drop” method is not supported). So, all you have to do is select the output destination and format, and initiate the conversion process. During the ripping job, you can set Pavtube DVDAid to open the output folder or to shut down the computer when conversion is completed.
2. In addition, you can configure settings when it comes to audio quality, sample frequency rate, volume and format, as well as video quality, frame rate, format and resolution.
3. Furthermore, you can preview the DVD, select the subtitle language (or disable the option to convert subtitles), as well as set the starting and ending time if you want to trim the video. The program takes a while to finishes a task, uses a moderate-to-high amount of system resources and includes a well-written help file with snapshots. We haven’t encountered any kind of difficulties during our tests. The image and sound quality in the output files is very good.
4. The bottom line is that Pavtube DVDAid is an excellent tool for converting DVDs to other video extensions and we strongly recommend it to all users.