ISO file plays the same as original disc and is not as scratchy as physical discs. So 3D ISO usually comes from 3D Blu-ray/DVD disc. If you have backed up your 3D Blu-ray/DVD discs to 3D ISO to hard drive, then it is the time to convert 3D ISO to 3D MP4 for Gear VR. This is not a tough job under the help of Blu-ray ripper.
Samsung Gear VR by default supports most common file formats including MKV, MP4, AVI, and FLV. When it comes to playing 3D videos, Samsung Gear VR requires either side-by-side or top-bottom (top down). So you can use Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate to help you.
It can help you successfully convert 3D ISO files to 3D movie(MP4 Top-bottom 3D Video, MP4 Side-by-Side 3D video, MKV Top-bottom 3D Video...) with the original video quality for playing in Gear VR as well as other 3D players like 3D TV and 3D Projector easily. In addition, it offers you numerous 3D effects to decide on as. Of course, some common MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, AVI, etc output formats are also provided for you.
Free download and install
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
How to convert 3D ISO to 3D MP4 for Watching on Gear VR via Galaxy S6?
Step 1: Add ISO files
Import ISO image files by dragging and dropping, or clicking "File" button. As you can see, added files can be previewed on the right viewing window. You can also load DVD/Blu-ray Discs by “Load from disc”
Learn >> Import iTunes Movies to Samsung Galaxy Note Series for Gear VR
Step 2: Choose 3D MP4
Click "Format" and select "MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mp4)" from "3D Video" category as the output format. It works on Samsung consumer Gear VR perfectly.
Tip: We recommend using 1280x720 HD resolution to encode your videos. Higher resolutions will not provide any better quality, meaning you'll waste space and processing power.
We also recommend using a higher bit rate than a typical web stream at that resolution, as the pixels in your video will be magnified on the phone's screen. The optimal bit rate is content dependent, and many videos can get by with less, but 5 Mb/s should give good quality.
3D movies should be encoded “full side-by-side” with a 1:1 pixel aspect ratio. Content mastered at 1920x1080 compressed side -by- side 3D should be resampled to 1920x540 resolution full side -by -side resolution.
You can click “Settings” near the “Format” to adjust the video resolution and bitrate to get more compatible format with Samsung consumer Gear VR.
Step 3: Convert 3D ISO to Gear VR
Click “Convert” button, 3D ISO to SBS 3D MP4 conversion begins. When the process finishes, open the output folder to locate.
Add converted 3D ISO to Galaxy S6 for Gear VR
Step A: transfer converted 3D ISO movies to Galaxy S6
1. Connect your Galaxy S6 to PC via USB cable
2. On your file directory, navigate to Oculus> Movies> Your Movies
3. Create a new folder within "Your Movies" and label it "3D"
4. Import or move your side-by-side 3D videos into your newly created "3D" folder.
5. Dock the phone in your Gear VR, and don the virtual reality headset.
Step B：Watch 3D movies on Samsung consumer Gear VR via Galaxy S6
1. Navigate to Oculus Cinema from the main menu
2. Navigate to "My Videos" from the Oculus Cinema content library menu
3. Select the 3D video you wish to view (if you followed the above steps it should have a "3D" label in the upper right hand corner)
4. Choose the cinema mode to begin 3D movies playback on Galaxy S6 with Samsung Gear VR.
For Mac users who wants to convert 3D ISO to 3D SBS MP4/MKV for Gear VR, the equivalent Mac 3D Converter should be used.
- How to Watch 3D Blu-ray movies on Samsung Gear VR via Oculus Cinema?
- Convert Pixar Blu-rays to Samsung Galaxy tablets/smartphones
- Rip 3D/2D Blu-ray, DVD and video to Samsung Gear VR
- Watch BD/DVD/3D YIFY/YouTube Movie on GOODO VR via smartphone
- How to Watch 3D Blu-ray With Nvidia 3D Vision?