“I have something like 2000 DVDs and Blu Rays I've amassed over the years, and now I'd like to start backing them up to my Airport Extreme. what is the best software to rip the blu ray discs, and then convert to .mp4 so I can watch in iTunes and Apple TV. Cheers! - from Reddit.com
Best Software to Rip Blu-ray/DVD discs to AirPort Extreme
Pavtube BDMagic is a professional Blu-ray ripping tool. Preferably one that can also do the DVDs. It can remove the ACSS, BD+, region code, Disney, Sony and other Blu-ray/DVD encryption and convert them to MP4, MOV, M4V, AVI, MKV, etc with original video quality. It has optimized preset for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV to make you get the most compatible format video for your iOS devices.(review)
Free download and install:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
How to rip Blu-ray/DVD to AirPort Extreme?
Step 1: Add Blu-ray/DVD movies
Download and install Blu-ray/DVD Ripper (Mac version). Click “File” to load your Blu-ray/DVD movies to the program. You can choose your desired subtitle in “Subtitles”.
Step 2: Choose output format
You can select output format from “iPhone”, “iPad”, etc profile to choose the optimized preset. Or just choose “H.264 HD MP4” video for all your Apple devices.
Step 3: Start to backup Blu-ray/DVD
Back to the UI, click “Convert” to start Blu-ray/DVD to MP4 conversion.
Transfer the rips of Blu-ray/DVD to USB Hard Drive then plug it into AirPort Extreme. Now set up AirPort Extreme to get a fast and secure wireless network in your home.
- How to Upload DVD Movies to Synology DS416 for Watching on TV
- Move All Your DVD to Seagate Central 3TB for Better Entertainment
- Digital DVD/Blu-ray Collection to Personal Cloud Storage in H.264 MP4
- Upload H.265 videos to NAS for playing on Windows
- How to watch 3D movies on Galaxy Note 4 for Samsung Gear VR?